Saturday, October 16, 2010

Along Came a Peanut..

Because I couldn't think of a better title.

I noticed you've joined my blog Brandon Wong. Welcome *smiley face*. So hey, let me share with you and all the rest of the world (who won't notice this lone peanut) this disturbing fact: I can't concentrate on my work anymore.
The Nutty Freshman
Just 2 weeks ago, I would've been working, like my English Prof says, "like a little bunny". I keep being distracted. It isn't just the fact that Facebook is here and it's so easy to access bunches of online material far more interesting than Gram-negative cell walls, but it's my mindset. It can look at the shiny Biology 112 pages no longer than 15 seconds before all the words I read become nothing but "blah blah blah blah blah". It may have been due to my terrible midterm mark that completely discouraged my previously overly motivated self. Yes, the midterm that I walked into sleepy and half-starving because I had spent every lasting moment reading and cramming as much into that limited cranium as possible.
Then I got a bad mark.
Now, I have completely lost motivation to even peek at the books. On top of that, I'm behind in most of my classes, although not by much, and become increasingly stressed because of it. Although I know most of my fellow classmates are probably going through the same thing, UBC is just being cruel to us. And it's only mid-October.
I really should read the Chemistry 121 new chapter, do my math homework (on time), read the Economics chapter I have no interest in (a.k.a. supply and demand), study Biology terms and REALLY CATCH UP to English 112. But somehow, like many other freshman's in UBC or any other University for that matter, I THINK I COULD USE SOME BREATHING ROOM.
Oh well, this is the University life, for the first year anyway. And like my math teacher said, "Wait until the REAL world." 

No comments:

Post a Comment