Friday, October 15, 2010

The Peanut Uncracked

So now I have a blog...
   And neither do I know what purpose this blog will serve. Perhaps it will be nothing but an entertaining past time, perhaps something of a diary. Or, hopefully, one day I will find a purpose for this "peanut uncracked".
Why a "peanut uncracked"? The truth is I have something of an obsession with peanuts (until I gained significant weight from it a.k.a 5 lbs) and I love them so much I named my blog after it.
   But because I don't like to leave things shallow, I would be better off believing that the peanut is a symbol. For all you expert Nutcrackers out there, Peanuts are the most entertaining nut for snacking. Each single peanut is a surprise on it's own. They all look generally the same: a plain tanned, rough surfaced, mosaic of darker spots among the net of the shell... until they are popped apart. Then the story begins. No one peanut is the exact same in the inside. From the *PLOK* that means a satisfying snack is on the way to the poof of dust that smokes out of the crack to finally finding out what color the peanuts are to popping it into your eager awaiting tongue, a peanut is all unique on it's own once the shell is peeled.
   Just like this blog.
   I have no idea what this blog will contain: it could contain...
1. The smoked black spot: those peanuts that taste like coal and have obviously been WAY overcooked.      Unfortunately, you are better off throwing them away and cursing whoever had cooked it.
2. The satisfactory pimple: Small... but... meh, tasty.
3. We're getting there Nut: That's what we're talking about. This is the peanut we want and the ones we enjoy eating while our feet are on the table and the TV before our eyes. But there's more...
4. The purple Jackpot: This, my blogging friend, is the KING of all peanuts. The juicy, tasty, genuine goodness is unmatched! It is a feast for the taste buds, and so tasty... well I've run out of words for it.
  It could be any of those for you. And until I blog more and the days grow (and hopefully I won't be too busy for this), the peanut will reveal itself in all it's nutty glory. Until then, this blog remains a "peanut uncracked".

Far longer than I would like a first blog to be...

3 comments: